Wednesday, September 27, 2006

PROUD OF BEING BRITTISH

WHY AM I PROUD?


It has been put to me that I shouldn't say (as with a previous post) that I am ashamed of being British because it will not win any votes, I responded by saying 'TOUGH' there are things that make me ashamed of being British, some attitudes held, some opinions voiced and some narrow minded nationalism.

Having said that there is a lot more that makes me proud of being British, Scottish and a global citizen. I am proud that the UK has one of the lowest unemployment rates in Europe, I am proud that this UK government has made tremendous strides in reducing child poverty (lot still to be done), I am proud of the national wage, I am proud of the community that I represent electorally and I am proud that the Labour Government is acting globally to end world poverty. What makes you proud to be British?

No comments:


WEB DISCLAIMER

Please note all postings on this blog are of a personal nature and do not reflect the opinions of either Renfrewshire Council, the Scottish Labour Party or Renfrewshire Labour Group. NB No annonymous comments will be published on this blog if you have something to say have the courage to identify yourself.