Tuesday, October 03, 2006

CONSERVATIVE PARTY CONFERENCE

BORING JOHNSTON AND COMPANY

I must admit I watched some of the Tory party conference today, and I was suffering from sleeplessness before I did, during it I slept for about an hour and a half! There was NOTHING to inspire or encourage the voters, they seem to be willing to plod along without policy or substance.

It makes me think that I was hard on the Liberal Democrats and Mr Campbell when their conference was on. The interesting one this afternoon was a Tory Party member suggesting a move towards direct participatory democracy at the highest levels! It is the most radical ideological departure for the Tories ever, Anne and the the panel were not happy bunnies and try as they might they were not getting round the nutter that suggested it! Highlight of the conference for me, so far! Despite the manufactured arguments of Osbourne and Johnston it is not that interesting, their new logo has been described as a bad children's painting.

No comments:


WEB DISCLAIMER

Please note all postings on this blog are of a personal nature and do not reflect the opinions of either Renfrewshire Council, the Scottish Labour Party or Renfrewshire Labour Group. NB No annonymous comments will be published on this blog if you have something to say have the courage to identify yourself.