Monday, October 02, 2006

POLITICAL PHOTOS

POST YOUR FAVOURITE




I have loads of photos from throughout my time as a Councillor and my time as a Labour activist but I have to admit that my favourite has to be the one above. It was taken the first time I stood as a Labour candidate aged just 21 in 1999, Mo Mowlam opened the campaign rooms and visited the local youth theatre as the kids were being put through their paces.

As I was the one who had connections to the youth theatre I was placed at the Paisley Museum and asked if I would greet Dr Mowlam as she entered, I ended up introducing her to everyone and I must admit I thoroughly enjoyed it she was fabulous! She was fun and EVERYONE who saw her in the town centre wanted to shake her hand! I consider myself as privileged to have met her and the Labour movement in this country misses her.

No comments:


WEB DISCLAIMER

Please note all postings on this blog are of a personal nature and do not reflect the opinions of either Renfrewshire Council, the Scottish Labour Party or Renfrewshire Labour Group. NB No annonymous comments will be published on this blog if you have something to say have the courage to identify yourself.