Wednesday, September 20, 2006

FRAUD EMAILS

ALL CREDIT TO BARCLAYS BANK

I have recently been getting emails from Barclays bank suggesting that they had some important information about my account and asking me to log in. The alarm bells started to ring because I am not a customer of Barclays bank and I have contacted them by email and by phone to advise them of this today. Within about twenty minutes I tried to access the page contained in the email and the Internet service is advising that it has been removed or cannot be found. They should be congratulated for taking the security of their customers so seriously. Anyone receiving similar emails should report them to the relevant bank.

No comments:


WEB DISCLAIMER

Please note all postings on this blog are of a personal nature and do not reflect the opinions of either Renfrewshire Council, the Scottish Labour Party or Renfrewshire Labour Group. NB No annonymous comments will be published on this blog if you have something to say have the courage to identify yourself.