Sunday, December 17, 2006

TIME MAGAZINE

PERSON OF THE YEAR


I was reading this in one of the weeklies today and I thought that it was really quite interesting. In this day and age of celebrity junkies and reality TV it turns out that Time Magazine have named me person of the year! They have also named you, if you have a blog, got involved with a community cause or used You Tube and well you get the drift!

In my own area I would have to say that the Churches would be a good example of the Community getting involved with others, and on an electronic scale a shout has to go out to the Friends of Seedhill Playing Fields, although a lot of the information on the site is either untrue or out of date there are at least some involved in the organisation who I believe are involved to better their community, I may not agree with them but I can see this.

This is an American publication so they are mainly talking about American society but with the World Wide Web being, well, world wide it really applies to us all, so raise a glass and give yourselves a pat on the back.

No comments:


WEB DISCLAIMER

Please note all postings on this blog are of a personal nature and do not reflect the opinions of either Renfrewshire Council, the Scottish Labour Party or Renfrewshire Labour Group. NB No annonymous comments will be published on this blog if you have something to say have the courage to identify yourself.