Monday, September 25, 2006

CONFERENCE SPEACHES

WHO'S YOUR FAVOURITE?


Now I am not going to be one of these bloggers that go on and on at length about how wonderful Gordon Brown or Tony Blair are, and I am not even going to tell you which one I prefer, what I am going to do is ask for the highlights of the non-celebrity political speakers.


For instance a delegate from AMICUS today Mrs P Muggins (Also from my local CLP) outlined why the rule of 85 in local government had to stay, this is something that local parties and the Scottish Executive have been at odds about for sometime now. If you don't know much about it the short version is that public servants are allowed to retire early as long as their age and their service adds up to more than 85 years old. AMICUS are against this change, and Phil Muggins spoke eloquently and forcibly on this issue and I was really impressed, as conference goes on I think I will look out for more like her instead of the publicised speeches, tell me who you think is impressive.

No comments:


WEB DISCLAIMER

Please note all postings on this blog are of a personal nature and do not reflect the opinions of either Renfrewshire Council, the Scottish Labour Party or Renfrewshire Labour Group. NB No annonymous comments will be published on this blog if you have something to say have the courage to identify yourself.