Thursday, June 16, 2011

Glasgow Shines


So it has been a while since I have been active on this Blog and I thought it would be an idea to get this back up and running.  Talking about running (or I should say walking) I have this evening added a new widget to the blog on the right hand side of the page to help raise money for Cancer Research UK.  Fifteen years ago this November my family lost my youngest brother to Leukemia after almost two years of struggle, it was a horrific and traumatising experience and one that I would not wish on ANYONE in this world. 

I have done some fundraising in the past where I have raised almost £900 for Leukaemia Research by holding my 30th Birthday party as a fundraising event and this time it is going to be a little bigger in scale at least for me.  This time I am raising money for Cancer Research UK to beat Leukaemia and in order to do that I am asking you to sponsor me as I prepare and walk The Shine in Glasgow.  I have detailed below the Shine website and a brief description of what it is we will be doing, I have a friend who is also doing this with me so for our sins we will be training and I am hoping to be able to keep this blog going with updates on how that is going etc. 

I have been lucky in my life to have a strong family and friends network who support me in everything I do and I know that we all stand together against this horrible disease, give what you can and be safe in the knowledge that your pound could be the extra pound that makes the difference and finds the cure for this horrible disease.

The Shine is either a half Marathon or a full marathon and this takes place at night men and women from all walks of life and at varying levels of fitness (some people run this believe it or not) take part to raise funds to rid the world of cancer.

Check out the website and see if you want to take part...

No comments:


WEB DISCLAIMER

Please note all postings on this blog are of a personal nature and do not reflect the opinions of either Renfrewshire Council, the Scottish Labour Party or Renfrewshire Labour Group. NB No annonymous comments will be published on this blog if you have something to say have the courage to identify yourself.